Bailey Medical products are BPA-Free and DEHP-Free!
For over twenty years, Bailey Medical Engineering has been dedicated to supporting women who breastfeed by providing quality breast pumps and accessories at reasonable prices, so your baby can reap the benefits of nature's perfect food, even when you must be apart.
There has been concern that Bisphenol-A, an organic compound and a building block to several polymer and polymer additives, has been used in plastic polycarbonate products including baby bottles. Safe alternatives to polycarbonate are polypropylene and polyethylene, both of which are BPA-free and DEHP-free.
Since 2005, the Nurture III Double Electric Breast Pump has been made with polypropylene bottles, flanges, tubing and parts, which are BPA-free and DEHP-free. Additionally, the Milk Storage Bags are LDPE polyethylene, and the Super Shields are polypropylene, both of which are BPA-free and DEHP-free.
Bailey Medical will continue to keep the safety of our customers as our priority. If you have any questions about Bailey products, please call our friendly staff at 800-413-3216, and we will be happy to help.
Please refer to the Nurture III Instruction Manual for complete instructions on pump set-up and use. Feel free to call our Customer Service representatives at 1-800-413-3216 with any questions you might have.
» There is not enough suction
It is unusual for anything to go wrong with the Nurture III motor unless milk gets into it. If the motor turns on and sounds the same as it usually does, the problem is probably somewhere in the collection set.
- Remember to cover the hole in the purple cap with a finger or thumb to create suction.
- Be sure that the flange (both flanges for double pumping) is pressed firmly against the breast with no clothing or fabric between your skin and the flange.
- Always use an o-ring between the flange and bottle. Make sure that all the tubing connections are snug, and that the purple caps and flanges are securely in place. Sometimes it helps to try each side separately; if you get suction in one, but not the other, then you know to look for a problem in the one with no suction. Try taking the bottle off and putting it on again. Make sure the bottle is threaded in very tightly. You'll notice that if you tighten the bottle too much, it will pop off completely. The goal is to tighten it to the point just before it pops off.
- Turn the purple knob on the motor to the left for more suction. To get full vacuum (suction) there needs to be a gap of almost ¼" between the purple knob and the side of the motor. You'll need to make several turns of the purple knob to get it out far enough. If the purple knob is turned too far to the right, you won't get any suction. If you turn it too far to the left, it will come out, but it can be threaded back in. If the knob comes out and gets lost, the motor will still work, but it will be on full vacuum. You can get a replacement purple knob by calling us at 1-800-413-3216.
- Replace the filter. The filter will probably need to be replaced about once every four to six weeks - more often if a bottle spills or gets over-filled.
If you still can't get the pump to work, call Bailey for assistance at 1-800-413-3216. Have the pump and all the parts handy when you call, be near an outlet where you can plug the pump in, and allow about 10 minutes for us to go through the pump with you to identify the problem.
Do NOT attempt to repair the pump motor yourself. Doing so will void the warranty.
» You are not getting enough milk
Remember that milk production is a function of demand and supply. The more you breastfeed or pump, the more milk you will produce. To maintain your milk supply, you should pump at least once every 2-3 hours that you are separated from your baby.
Don't worry if you don't get much milk the first few times you use the pump. Keep practicing, using the techniques suggested in the "Strategies..." section of the instruction manual, and soon you will be able to express more.
Giving young babies supplements of water or formula, or starting older babies on solid foods will decrease your milk supply. To increase your milk production, you should breastfeed more, pump more often, or pump and breastfeed at the same time.
» There is water or milk in the tubes or filter
The water vapor that may develop in the tubes and filter while pumping is not uncommon and it will not harm the pump motor. Disconnect the filter and tubes when you are finished pumping and shake the water out, then store the parts so that air can circulate (not in a plastic bag). If the filter gets really wet, it might take a few hours to dry out. Some women like to use two filters, alternating between them so that each one can dry completely between pumping sessions.
To minimize the condensation that develops, keep the collection set parts at room temperature (not in the tote near the ice pack!) and make sure they are dry before you begin pumping.
To prevent milk from getting into the filter or short tube, you should:
- Not overfill the collection bottle(s).
- Be sure to hold the bottles upright.
- Use the bottle stands.
- Not try to pump into plastic bags with the Nurture III.
The purpose of the filter is to keep milk out of the pump motor. The pump should never be used without a filter. If milk gets into the filter, the filter will soon need to be replaced. It is not necessary to replace the filter until you lose suction or dark spots begin to appear in it. If milk gets into the pump motor, the motor will need to be repaired. Using the pump without a filter or attempting to repair the motor yourself voids the warranty.
If milk gets in the short tube, wash it out with warm water when you finish pumping, then rinse, shake the water out, and hang the tube to dry. No milk can get into the long tube if the filter is always used.
Please don't hesitate to call our Customer Service Representatives at 1-800-413-3216 for help.
WARRANTY & REPAIR INFORMATION
The Nurture III Double Electric Breast Pump is warranted to the original purchaser for 5 years from date of purchase against defects in material and workmanship. This warranty does not cover defects arising from misuse, abuse, accident, alterations, damage in transit, or failure to use according to instructions. If defective, the unit will be repaired or replaced. Filters are not covered by this warranty. Filters are an expendable part that may need to be replaced every four to six weeks. We do not recommend using microwave sterilization bags.
If you think your pump is broken or defective, the first thing to do is to step through the trouble-shooting process as outlined above. Usually, you'll be able to identify the problem and resolve it, but if not, call our Customer Service Representatives at 1-800-413-3216. We will want to go through the troubleshoot with you again, so be sure to have your pump and collection set parts handy, be near an outlet where you can plug the motor in, and allow about 10 minutes. If we determine that your motor needs to be repaired or replaced, we will issue a Return Authorization Number and tell you how to return the pump to Bailey Medical Engineering. If the motor is still under warranty, there will be no charge for repairing it unless the damage has been caused by improper use of the pump (such as using it without a filter and getting milk in the motor). If the pump is not under warranty or if the problem is user-caused, there will be a fee (usually $30.00 including return shipping by Priority Mail) for repairing the pump.
We realize that no breast pump is right for every woman, and that a breast pump is an expensive item to keep if you aren't satisfied with it. If you purchased your Nurture III Breast Pump directly from Bailey within the last 30 days, you may return it for a refund. Call our Customer Service Representatives at 1-800-413-3216 to get a Return Authorization Number and instructions. Most other Bailey products are not returnable once they have been opened, because they are personal use items that cannot be resold.
If you purchased your pump from another business, you will have to contact them to find out what their return policy is.
ORDERING PARTS & ACCESSORIES
Parts and accessories for the Nurture III may be ordered from Bailey by calling our Customer Service Department at 1-800-413-3216 or by browsing our products section
. We accept VISA, MasterCard, and Discover Card.